I'll admit it: I've never
tried a gel mask before. So when I came across the Honest Hazel Eye Gels at Roots Beauty, I was intrigued and excited to try them!
Honest Hazel Eye Gels
Like many women, my under-eye area is one of my biggest beauty gripes. My dark circles aren't too bad (and, even on my worst days, they're easily camouflaged with concealer
), but it's the marked line beneath them—the dreaded puffiness
—that really bothers me. Puffiness can be caused by fluid retention, stress, allergies, hormone changes, and other factors—so, pretty much anything associated with daily life (good luck getting "everything" under control
).The Honest Hazel Eye Gels combat those daily stressors with ingredients like cactus collagen—umm, yes please!
—arbutin, vitamin C, vitamin E, hyaluronic acid, vitamin B3, and aloe vera. Cactus collagen diminishes puffiness; aloe vera, vitamin C, and vitamin E smooth fine lines and wrinkles; and arbutin combats dark circles!
How It's Done
- Apply each gel mask to your under-eye area with the thinner end toward your inner eye.
- Let the cooling gel sit uninterrupted for 20+ minutes, and relax.
A glass of wine and a good book generally accompany my ritual—these days, with a baby on the way, I skip the wine and swap the book for a catnap. You'll notice an immediate cooling sensation that lingers even after you've removed the masks. Immediately upon removal, you may feel like your darkness looks worse! Fear not, that's because the area is wet, which draws attention to the color. I notice the biggest difference after about an hour, most notably in the reduced puffiness.What's not in the Honest Hazel Eye Gels that you'll find in conventional versions?
- Artificial fragrance, which can be a combination of up to 3,000 synthetic chemicals known to cause allergic reactions and endocrine disruption.
- PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, a thickener that can cause irritation to the eyes.
- Disodium EDTA, a penetration enhancer that increases the absorption of other potentially toxic ingredients.
You can fake a fresh-face, too, by shopping Honest Hazel at Roots Beauty. If you're not in the So Cal area, shop them here! SaveSaveSaveSaveSave